ID: MC June/16 - Easel Flamingo  - ECD Summer - In Summer the Song card
size: 7"w x 5.5"h (easel closed)

Created: June 17, 2016

I came across a bunch of bulrush images - love bulrushes!!! and the flamingo image and wanted to do something with all the elements...

Boy did I make a boo-boo. How many easel cards have I made using word die cuts as my stopper... so what did I do wrong this time... I adhered the word part to the front of the card instead of the flourish part of the word to the floor. Sigh!!! don't ask why I did this.

One of the NEWEST "A Way With Words" dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs ("4 Seasons" 4pce die set) available in the near future, designed by Suzanne Cannon (also available HERE). 

I'm also using one of the newest quote stamps from Quietfire Design  

("In Summer The Song...");


Scored and folded my dark blue cardstock to create the easel. Adhered a 2nd piece of blue cardstock to the front.

Electronically cut the various bulrush elements and the flamingo. Sponged with Distress pads. Added some Ritz micro fine glitter (Lavender) to the hibiscus flower centers. Applied glue to the bulrush tops and adhered dark brown flocking.

Background created with Tim's faux marble technique. on a craft sheet apply dabs of Distress paints ("Picket Fence", "Broken China", "Mermaid Lagoon", "Chipped Sapphire", "Lucky Clover"), misted the paint  as well as the glossy white cardstock and smushed my paper through the paint. Wet the paper some more, tilting. Dabbed with a paper towel, here and there, dried. Trimmed down.

Used EK Success punch "Scroll and Dots" on the upper and lower edges. Adhered to card front and adhered all my eCut elements.

Die cut the "Summer" from the dark blue cardstock and a white cardstock. Applied Stickles "Crystal Ice" with my finger on the blue layer. Adhered both layers together slightly off set. Then adhered my word to the front.

On the floor: Stamped the quote using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. Die cut using Elizabeth Craft Designs "Stitched Rectangles" moving the die as needed to get the size I wanted. Sponged with a dirty blue sponge around the edges. adhered to floor.

Adhered some large blue rhinestones on the left as part of my stopper. And the blue/silver Sari ribbon bow on the right side.

Adhered some of the drop out pieces from the punched border and then accented with some pearl flourishes.


 Please use your back button for previous pages or should you wish to go to the Misc Challenges 2016 Gallery please click on

or to go to the Misc Challenges Card Gallery 2015 click HERE

or to go to the previous Misc Challenges Card Gallery click HERE

or  And More Gallery for other hand made greeting cards please click the link below.

More Cards Gallery

Home Page Index
(text only)
"And More"